Saturday, August 10, 2013

Caring for Pat

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure how many people still read this blog, but I do again want to thank everyone for their support, love, and prayers. Pat is now at home getting readjusted to daily living and we continue to pray that she make a full recovery.

For the most part, she is doing extremely well. She's getting stronger each day and even sounds like the "Old Pat", joking around with family and conning us (mainly me) into giving her sweets lol. It's so great to see her getting back into the swing of things.

However, she still needs help with physical activities. Her left side is experiencing tone - basically, her brain is telling her muscles to contract at the same time, which makes it difficult for her to do anything on that side, so she still needs help with personal grooming, dressing, transferring from one position to another, etc.

The family is asking for help with her care, especially after Dorian goes back to school. Right now, it is difficult for my mother to care for Pat everyday on her own, because she is still recovering from a stroke she had 3 years ago. And of course, with 2 small ones, I am limited to what I can physically assist with.

If anyone is able to take a shift (see below) or even come sit with  my children so that I can help Pat and our mom, please email me (marienichole.51@gmail.com) or call/text me (it's easier for me to text) at 301.928.2581. I am attempting to schedule help for her at least through the first of October.

Also, the family is also looking into Personal Care Assistant services for Pat, which unfortunately is not covered by insurance. I know times are tight for everyone, but if you are able to donate anything to Pat so that she may receive this service, please follow this link http://ps-ily.org/donate/. ALL donations will be used towards her medical care.

Shifts Monday-Friday
9-12pm
12-3pm
3-6 pm
6-9 pm

Shifts Saturday-Sunday
8-11 am
12-3 pm

Again, you can contact me at marienichole.51@gmail.com or 301.928.2581.


Thank you so much again!!!

Love,

Pat, Mommy, Dorian, and Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment