Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Love My Bop.... Evening update

Today I visited Pat and this is the first time I've seen her "up" since the first day all of this occured. Normally when I've visited she was under heavy sedation or she had just returned from a procedure, so she would be resting. So, I can't explain how excited I was that I finally got to see my sister.

Although she can't verbalize words (primarily because she has a breathing tube inserted), she is able to gesture and nod her head. When she saw me, I smiled and said You have a new niece, and she looked at my stomach and placed her hand over it. I said Yep, Ari is here and she's bossy just like me. Pat got a little teary eyed, but I calmed her and let her know that it had only been a week and a few days and that her niece was waiting to see her. I showed her pictures of Ari and Elijah (she always calls him her boo lol) and she tapped my phone screen. At first I was a little confused, but then it dawned on me that she wanted me to send the pictures to her email. I asked her if that's what she wanted and she nodded her head Yes.

My intention today was to go encourage and comfort Pat, but instead she encouraged and comforted me. Mommy left us alone for a while to talk and I just let her know how much I missed her and that I loved my big sister. I asked for her forgiveness for all the stupid things I've done or said and brokedown crying. She reached for me and I layed my head on her chest and she just hugged me. Even with all that she's going through, she still took care of her little sister. She held my hand and just looked at me and nodded as to say It's okay.

Once I got myself together I was able to play a few Mint Condition songs (a suggestion made by a friend since that's her favorite R&B band) and Fred Hammond's Celebrate. Pat moved her soldiers nodded her head, and lifted her hand on the part of the song that says to do so. I was so overjoyed. My Bop was still there. Although her shell looks different with all of the tubes and some of the swelling she has, her spirit was still there.

That started me thinking about how we are housed in shells while we're here on Earth. Our shell doesn't make us who we are. In fact, we aren't going to even have these shells for eternity. It's the spirit that God gives us that lives on no matter what our outer bodies do. While God is working on restoring Pat's outer shell, He has her spirit guarded and wrapped in His love. How amazing is that???

So, I just want everyone to stay in prayer and remember that God is faithful. He knew this day was coming long before any of us did. He has Pat right where He wants her. He has us right where He wants us. This is the time for all of us to sit still and let Him speak to our spirits.

Again, if you would like to visit her, please just email me at marienichole.51@gmail.com with the day and time you would like to go. Also, if you want to share a story about your visit or just a general one about Pat, please email it to me and I will be glad to post it for you.

Continue to pray and celebrate!!!

~ Nikki

*Bop is the name I used to call Pat when I was little because I couldn't pronounce her name.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Nichole for sharing this journey with us. You all are so grounded in The Lord that its an inspiration for us to witness it all. I'm praying for Pat now.

    ReplyDelete